You are here
Parkside 1st Annual Oktoberfest 5K Run
The Parkside Community Association will hold the 1st Annual Oktoberfest 5K Run on Saturday September 28, 2013 at 5 pm in Delaware Park along the ring road. There will be a children's dash at 4:50 pm. The 6 pm post-party will be held at the Church of the Good Shepherd, 96 Jewett Parkway and will feature Dogfish craft beer on tap, authentic German food and raffle items from local businesses!
- Race Day Registration at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 96 Jewett Parkway.
- Race starting line adjacent to the Buffalo Zoo Parking Lot in the Delaware Park Ring Road
- Advanced Runner Packet Pickup on Friday, September 27th at the Parkside Community Association, 2318 Main Street, from 9:00am - 7:00pm.
Course: 1 3/4 laps starting near Zoo Parking Lot
- $20 until 9/27/13 - Checks payable to the Parkside Community Association
- Race Day registration $25 at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd from 3:45-4:30pm
- Kid's Dash is free for children under 12
Online registration is closed.
Address: 2318 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214
- Cash awards to top Male and Female Finishers to be presented at the Oktoberfest after-party, Church of the Good Shepherd, 7:00pm
- Prizes will be awarded to the TOP THREE Male and Female Finishers in the following age groups:
- 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.
Event and Raffle Sponsors:
- Albright-Knox Art Galler
- Anderson's Frozen Custard
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment
- Blue Box Chocolates
- Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy
- Buffalo Sabres
- Congressman Brian Higgins
- Crystal Rock Bottled Water
- Custom Tee
- David Udin
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
- Fairy Cakes Cupcakery
- Fitness 360
- Five Points Bakery
- Great Arrow Wine and Liquor
- Lexington Coop
- New Era Cap
- New York Frame
- Park School of Buffalo
- Parkside Candy
- Peak Performance Chiropractic
- Road ID
- Sisters Hospital, Massage Clinic
- Sweetness 7
- Urban Roots
Raffle Prizes: Available to all 5K registered participants, Raffle tickets available for sale.
First 100 to register receives complimentary T-SHIRT
End of race results will be conducted by WNY Finish Line Services
If you would like to volunteer to help either of these events please contact the PCA Office at 838-1240.